IN NEED OF FURNITURE?
Since 2002, the Mustard Seed Furniture Bank of Fort Wayne has assisted referred clients following a home visit by a social service agency, faith-based group, church, or school. Clients are required to have been residents of Adams, Allen, Dekalb, Huntington, Nobles, Wells, and/or Whitley counties for a minimum of the past six months. Our agency continues to help people who are struggling to establish or maintain a home such as/due to:
- Domestic Violence Victims
- Young Adults Aging Out of Foster Care
- Physical, Mental, or Cognitive Disabilities
- Uninsured Fire/Flood Victims
- Senior Citizens (over 65 years of age)
- Leaving a Homeless Shelter
- Incarceration – (contact Parole Officer)
- Children Without Beds
- Successful Completion of a Substance Abuse Program
A simple, written referral is submitted to the agency and a scheduled appointment is made for the client to obtain the basic household furniture, linens, and kitchenware along with Beds4Kids to make their house a home. Clients are informed of the items that will be required at the time of their scheduled appointment. Our mission assists families once in a lifetime.
If you, a family member or friend is in need of the services of this independently funded, donation-based agency you are encouraged to reach out to a case manager, therapist, or clergy person to inquire or contact our office by calling 260-471-5802 – press 3 or click on the “Contact Us” portion to send us a private message.